What We Believe:
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church accepts and acknowledges all the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments as the revealed inerrant Word of God, verbally inspired, and acknowledges and accepts all the books of the Evangelical Lutheran Church contained in the Book of Concord of 1580 to be the true and genuine exposition of Christian doctrine taken from, and in full agreement with, the Holy Scriptures. In our church no doctrine shall be taught or tolerated which is at variance with the sacred Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and with the confessions of the Evangelical Lutheran Church. These confessions are:
- The three ecumenical creeds (the Apostolic, the Nicene, and the Athanasian):
- The Unaltered Augsburg Confession;
- The Apology of the Augsburg Confession;
- The Smalcald Articles;
- Luther’s Small Catechism;
- Luther’s Large Catechism;
- The Formula of Concord.
For more information on the Faith that Lutherans confess:
For more information on what Holy Trinity Lutheran Church believes and teaches as a member of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod:
- Holy Communion is served at every Sunday Divine Service
- Chalice Only is used during Holy Communion
- Holy Trinity follows the Historic One Year Lectionary
- Holy Trinity uses The Lutheran Hymnal (TLH)
Pastor Heller: A graduate from Concordia University Chicago (B.A. in Political Science, 2011) and Concordia Theological Seminary (MDiv, 2016), Pastor Heller received a call in Spring 2017 to serve in the Northern Illinois District of the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod. In addition to his pastoral responsibilities, Pastor Heller also serves in the Air National Guard at the 110th Attack Wing, Battle Creek, MI. Pastor Heller currently serves as the sole pastor of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Walnut, IL. He resides there with his wife (Jennette), son (Isaac) and daughter (Carly).